May Apples
Here's Ron in a patch of May Apples. There are many beautiful areas of the trail with these plants, and they're just starting to bloom!
For a while, we called the neat green sprouts "umbrella plants." Thanks to Baby Steps, we now know their name and to look for their blooms during the next few weeks!
Happy Trails


4 Comments:
Hey guys!!
After a week with no update I was starting to jones for one. :)
The pictures are just amazing...glad you are getting to see so many unique things along the way and meeting some great people too.
I'm sure Mr. Sadler (Will) will enjoy the pictures of the cows.
Sending positive energy your way every day!!
Love to you both,
Don
By
Anonymous, at 3:53 PM
Ah, yes, May apples. I miss them now that I don't get to see them every spring.
The photos are beautiful! :o)
By
Rach, at 4:57 PM
Awesome Pictures! Love them of the ponies! That would have been cool! Next time you blog, tell us how many miles you have hiked so far! I try to keep my friends posted on you guys!
Take Care!
love
Lisa
By
Anonymous, at 6:12 PM
MAYAPPLES!!!!!! Oh, they are so cool... Have you spotted any fairies under them yet, I SWEAR they are there, enjoying tea and cake in the shade.
I will be at Trail Days (it is official, I have left the trail for this year...) I'm staying on Dennet's property, just past the tressle on the Creeper Trail. I figure, since there will be 25,000 people there, I should tell others where I will be staying so that we can cross paths. Of course, this is the AT we are talking about... We will always cross paths with the ones we want to. And some that we don't.
Hike well, and don't forget to make airplane noises down the switchbacks for me!
Miss Graceful
By
Anonymous, at 11:47 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home