Bear!
The other day when G.G. went to answer nature's call, I hiked ahead. I was just about at the top of our next mountain when I looked up to check for a white blaze (AT marker.) What I saw when I looked up was a black bear about 50 feet ahead. It was right on the trail, nibbling some greenery off to the side.
I grabbed the camera and snapped two photos. It looked at me and then went back to nibbling. Once again, it looked at me. (Perhaps graciously posing for more pictures?) I then decided it was time to follow the bear safety procedures and "make a loud woop" to scare the creature away.
I made my woop, and the bear quickly scurried away. Just then, G.G. walked up and asked, "Is there a friendly dog on the trail?" So my woop isn't as intimidating as I thought, but it did scare away our first bear.
It was a real treat to (finally) see a black bear. I hope so much that G.G. gets to safely experience the thrill soon too.
Love,
Rhodo
Happy Trails


3 Comments:
Rhodo,
I'm thinking Ron really saw that Bear first and it scared the crap right out of him. ;) LOL
Very cool you saw your first Bear...thanks for sharing such great pictures!
Don
By
Anonymous, at 9:54 PM
Cool!!
By
Rach, at 7:03 PM
Rhodo! SO exciting and scary to think you were (semi)alone! Take pics first, though, like a true adventurer. 2 more weeks of school; will post these latest from your blog on the bulletin board for the students. They are always interested and cheering you on (as are we). Take care of each other. Tchr Wms
By
Anonymous, at 7:54 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home