Ron and Kelly's 2007 AT thruhike

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Carvers Gap to the Doll Flats and Back


This photo was taken just off of Round Bald the second bald from Carvers Gap one after Jane Bald. It is looking at the North Carolina side of the mountains.


A cute shaped heart on the trail right above the parking lot of Carvers Gap. I found this on my hike back while I was staring at the trail in my hobbled state. It made me think of Kelly.


Coming back from the Doll Flats having just crested the summit of Hump Mountain there are a series of small boulders. This one had the AT white blaze on it which comes in handy in the winter when the trail is barely visible because of snow.


Spanish Peanuts and ?? some type of roasted salted seed. A great mix for gorp but I couldn't finish it in the two days of hiking.


This view is from Jane Bald which is the first bald you come to from Carvers Gap. If you look all the way into the background where the last visible bald is — that is Hump Mountain. Just on the other side of Hump Mountain (about 2 miles or so) are the Doll Flats


I have a couple pictures here. If you click here you can see all the photos. These are just some of my favorites.

4 Comments:

  • What a gorgeous weekend you had, Ronnie! Thanks for sharing the photos =).

    By Blogger Rach, at 6:11 PM  

  • Ron, those are gorgeous pics!

    By Blogger Jess, at 12:06 PM  

  • Ron,

    These are great pictures. I will have to visit there someday. The views were absolutley Beautiful.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 7:35 AM  

  • That area is very pretty. It's simple to make a good photo. Just take the camera point it anywhere and shoot.

    Lisa if you want to go sometime let me and Kelly know. We love going out there. I can also give you directions. It's pretty easy to get to.

    By Blogger Ron and Kelly, at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home